Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, December 9, 2012

My First Sunday Social

For todays relaxing Sunday,
I am linking up with Ashley and Neely
for my first ever Sunday Social!

And here are the questions=

1. Favorite Holiday Movies/TV Specials?
My utmost favorite holiday movie is ELF, I can NEVER get sick of that movie. I watch it every year multiple times, and not just during the holiday season. 

2. Do you do any volunteering during the holidays if so what? If not what would you do?
When my sister and I were younger, we'd go to NYC and donate lunch bags to the homeless and visit them during the holidays with our local youth group. Dan and I have been wanting to volunteer at local soup kitchens, we tried on Thanksgiving morning but couldn't because they were in the afternoon and full.

3. Favorite toy received as a child for the Holidays?
I would say our toy kitchen and grocery store. My sister and I would play in those things all day every day! We loved playing house with it. And they are nothing like toy kitchens now a days that are basically small versions of a real kitchen. It was the yellow and white plastic kitchen that you had to make the noises when playing with it.

4. What was your must have item in high school for the Holidays?
The must have item in high school was a car of my own. My parents got it for me for Christmas 6 months after I received my license- The Midget Mobile. It was a maroon '99 toyota corolla. My dad does a scavenger hunt every year and they ended it in the garage- there was a huge red bow on the top. I cried and will never forget the midget mobile.

5. Item you begged for the most and never got?
Associated with question number 3, we always wanted a real grocery store with a real register and register belt. We never got any of it, but had fun with a cardboard version of the real grocery store. Of course we couldn't put anything on the shelves cause there were no shelves, but we made do.

6. What do you do on Christmas Eve? If you are Jewish what does your family do for Hanukkah?
I am both Christian and Jewish so I celebrate both holidays.
For Christmas Eve: my moms whole side of the family goes to my aunts house and eat tons of food and my grandma does stocking stuffers for everybody, which is basically a precursor to Christmas morning. In all the adults and big kids bags somewhere are nerf guns of some sort and we all unwrap them and shoot each other with them the whole night or until something breaks. Along with the nerf gun fight, we all throw wrapping paper at each other. 

(these are from 2 years ago but really capture the nerf gun fight)

For Hanukkah: We head over to my dads parents house and eat potato pancakes with homemade applesauce, play a card game called May I, and have a candle race. Basically when the Menorah is lit, we each pick a colored candle and bet on whos candle is going to go out first. 

That's all for todays Sunday Social.

Don't forget tomorrow marks the first ever Instagramazing Weekend Linkup 
with Karla from Forever Newlywedded,
so get those pictures ready and link up with us tomorrow!!

Ta ta for now <3


2 comments:

  1. OH my gosh. Playing "grocery store" was one of my absolute favotite things to do when I was a little girl. I recently seen a set up similar to the one you are describing in the JCpenny catalog. Unfrotunatly my kid is 9 and I don't think he'd find it as amusing as I did.. lol I almost bought it for myself, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely wedding picture... beautiful! I found you on the blog hop and am your newest follower. I was kinda maybe hopin' that you'd pop by and follow me back!

    xoxo-
    Sarah
    www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com

    ReplyDelete