Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Amore e cibo

Ciao Bella and Bellos 
Yup that's as far as my Italian goes and I'm pretty sure Bellos isn't a word.
As you can guess, this post is all about Italiano food, one of our favorites.

Speaking of Italiano, I spotted these while shopping for the ingredients and got way to excited about them:

Every holiday season, my grandpa would make chestnuts in the oven and devour them.
I will never forget when I was young sitting on the island trying to tear the outer shell and get to the inside goodness- he always did it for me. It's amazing how some brown nuts can bring back such great memories.

Anyway, back to cucina... 

I actually made this delicious meal last night,
but the wonderful amazing pumpkin cupcakes took over my blog time.
Sir Daniels favorite meal is lasagna with meat,
so when he came home to his favorite meal (modified by moi),
needless to say he was ecstatic.
And then I did something mean- we sat down to dinner, had some salad with the lasagna sitting in the middle of the table... and when he went to dig in to his favorite meal, 
I yelled WAIIIIITTTT!!!!!! It has to sit for a half hour to set
My poor Gilbert Grape had to wait with his favorite meal sitting on the table,
but he did grrrrrr-8!
This wonderful meal took me all of 10 minutes,
that's right ladies and gents- 10 MINUTES (minus baking time and setting time).
My suggestion is even though this is quick, cheap, and delizioso:
make this meal the night before you intend to eat it... it is MUCH MUCH MUCH better. TRUST.

Ravioli Lasagna

What you will need:
1. 2 bags large cheese ravioli- we used just regular cheese ravioli, but feel free to get whatever tickles your fancy
2. 1-2 Jars marinara sauce
3. Shredded mozzarella and parmesan cheese
4. Salt and Pepper

Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F


il processo di:
I'm pretty sure you are going to be surprised at how little of a processo this really is.

First, boil raviolis for about 5-6 minutes or until tender but hard to the bite.


Take sauce and spread along the bottom of the 8x8 pan.


Once raviolis are done, line bottom of pan with a single layer of raviolis- Mine worked out to be 3x3.
Spread sauce over layer of raviolis so they are completely covered.
Sprinkle mozzarella over sauce.


Repeat the process until you run out of raviolis. 
On top along with the mozzarella, sprinkle parmesan and place in oven.


Bake for 30 minutes or until top is bubbly and crusty.


This part is verrryyy important as stated previously:
LET SIT.
Because these are raviolis, if you don't let it sit, you'll just end of having baked raviolis.

And there you have it,
instant happy husband!
WHAM!

Arrivederci.

No comments:

Post a Comment